settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

What permit do I need if I want to operate a business out of my home?

7 like 3 dislike
asked Oct 27, 2016 in Internet Marketing Tools by ebest IBO Specialist (83,220 points)

2 Answers

5 like 0 dislike
Best answer
Years ago I applied for what I think it's called a "DBA" Doing Business As, and I then had to decide whether I would operate as a 'Sole Proprietor". or LLC or one of the other business types.

Also found this link that may offer more infomation.
answered Oct 27, 2016 by WillieRobertson IBO Guru (4,870 points)
selected Sep 8, 2017 by ebest
3 like 0 dislike

In the USA, it's down to what a city, county, and/or state has decreed.

Most states require filing for a business license. Cities and counties may require a business license fee on top of that.

You'll want to do your research to see what type of business entity is best for your situation. The first consideration in that respect is tax liability. Make certain you establish yourself in a way that you're not overcharging yourself.

I believe most states have a minimum threshold for tax reporting, which is usually around $10,000 in annual revenues. Thus, new businesses would only be obligated to pay fees.

answered Oct 28, 2016 by Kjell Sherman IBO Guru (4,540 points)

Related questions

9 like 1 dislike
1 answer 25 views
6 like 2 dislike
2 answers 38 views
5 like 0 dislike
0 answers 45 views
8 like 1 dislike
6 answers 73 views