settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

Can pain in a person's leg ( calf ) signal a serious health challenge?

12 like 0 dislike
Cardiologist appointment went well and bloodwork came back fine yet still have tender right calf when touched.Don't want to waste more time/money going to doctor unnecessarily so if qualified, please share your opinion. Thank you.
asked Oct 7, 2016 in Other Questions by unclejohn IBO Guru (3,170 points)
Thank you for the question Please advise me always

4 Answers

4 like 0 dislike
It could be as simple as getting better supporting shoes. I had this problem years and my wife insisted i should try Better shoes. This worked for me.
answered Oct 8, 2016 by incomenow (510 points)
Thank you! I hadn't considered this until now. This could be, as I have noticed my legs/feet bother me more when wearing sandals. I'm on L.I. so our summer months are coming to an end so I'll be wearing regular shoes. I do stand a lot especially when online. Will be watching how I feel as I wear different shoes. Thanks again!
2 like 1 dislike

Hi Uncle John, I'm not a Doctor but a former Nurse. Many pain conditions can be caused by inflammation, usually caused by an earlier injury you might have had or from some chronic disease. Trying to list those potential diseases here would be impossible, but you should be able to find much more online. I would write down all your symptoms such as cramps, a numb constant pain, tingling sensation etc. and see what many of the medical sites say.

Now... they might give you an "idea" of what the medical issue is, however I still highly recommend you see your Doctor and have him/her evaluate you and run the required tests if needed. Don't think of health care as a "waste of money", it is YOUR life. It could be something minor that an anti-inflammatory medication will fix, however it could also be something very serious which if caught early enough can be treated - now!

Please go to your Doctor very soon and talk to him or her about it!

answered Oct 15, 2016 by WhitneyJaqueline IBO Specialist (30,990 points)
Thank you Nurse WhitneyJaqueline! I did bang this area of my leg, on a chair about 2 weeks ago and can still feel a bit of a knot or bump in the area. It's tender to the touch as is the area down to my ankle. I did mention this to y cardiologist says I'm fine but I am going to request he suggest a leg sonogram which I've had twice before and results came back negative, thankfully. I've been a wreck since a stent placement in major artery on my wife's birthday-:) November 2010.

There are so many different opinions when doing a search online that i'm hesitant in going that route. Too many "could be the a or could be thats" that gets into my head. Sometimes, what we don't know won't hurt us-:).  Thank you for taking the time to answer. Much appreciated.
1 like 0 dislike

Well if you are up in age I would not take anything likely. My brother had similar problems as such, he visited the doctor only to found out he now have develop Arthritis Pain.and the situation have worsten as he was ignoring the problem while it was just a simple pain at first.

answered Oct 18, 2016 by garywelsh IBO Specialist (72,620 points)
I agree and got a referral from my cardio guy to get a sonogram on my legs. Thank you!
2 like 0 dislike
Make sure you are drinking plenty of water, some times dehydration can cause leg craps and such, I've had them myself. I googled it and try to drink more water and to do leg stretches daily.

As someone mentioned, inflammation has many of the causes to our health issues.I take a good brand of omega 3 fish oils and have had good success with reducing inflammation.
answered Nov 15, 2016 by WillieRobertson IBO Guru (4,870 points)

Related questions

5 like 0 dislike
1 answer 51 views
7 like 2 dislike
1 answer 24 views
8 like 4 dislike
9 answers 151 views
6 like 0 dislike
1 answer 32 views
5 like 0 dislike
0 answers 15 views